Delivery & Returns Details
Delivery / Shipping Information
Flat rate shipping of $10 +GST ($11 incl. GST) is available on the majority of purchases to most destinations in Australia from Perth to far North Queensland.
Combined Orders over $136.36 +GST ($150 incl. GST) automatically qualify for FREE SHIPPING anywhere in Australia (note: some heavy or bulky items may still attract a surcharge - see information below). Please ensure that multiple items are purchased in the same transaction (i.e. the same order) to qualify for combined shipping.
We aim is to process & despatch (where the full order is in-stock) the majority of orders received during business hours on the day of receipt. Orders received after 1400 hrs local time will usually be despatched the following business day. Orders placed online over the weekend will be dispatched on Mondays (stock dependant) where the Monday is not a public holiday.
Where orders contain items which need to be ordered in from suppliers we reserve the right to hold the order until all items are in stock and can be dispatched together. We may sometimes dispatch part of the order separately and we may dispatch parts of orders from different warehouses (which may not be your closest warehouse). If you have have a particular time critical order, we recommend you contact us prior to placing your order to discuss this with us.
Upon dispatch of your item, you will normally receive an email to the email address on your account which will give details of the shipping company and consignment number so that you can track your parcel.
Small Orders (under 3kg combined weight and of small dimensions)
Where possible we send out all small orders using Toll Priority in an airbag. This is usually when the orders and small in dimensions and weight less than 3kg. We cannot guarentee sending with Toll Priority and this service provides no guarentee of a next day delivery, however next day delivery is common when using this service to destinations in the metropolitan areas of Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane.
All Other Orders
We have a range of shipping carriers which we utilise to distribute larger/heavier orders. In particular for deliveries in the Sydney metropolitan area we will often use Fastway Couriers, in Perth we use Foxline and for all other areas of Australia we will send orders with Direct Freight or Australia Post. The following delivery times are a rough guide to how many days after dispatch your order will arrive.
- Perth Metropolitan Area - Usually next business day
- Rest of WA - 1 to 4 business days
- Sydney Metropolitan Area - Usually next business day
- Rest of NSW - 1 to 4 business days
- Melbourne, Adelaide - 2 to 4 business days
- Brisbane - 2 to 5 business days
- Darwin & Hobart - 4 to 7 business days
- Remote / Country - 5 to TBC days
NOTE: The above times are estimates only and may depend on the location of the stock required to fulfill your order. We reserve the right to ship from either of our warehouses (or a supplier's warehouse direct), so please check with us before ordering if you have a time sensitive order. The stock levels contained in our warehouses are clearly displayed on our website.
Whilst international customers cannot order online, in special circumstances we are prepared to ship to New Zealand & offshore Australian destinations such as Norfolk Islands etc, however for any other destinations, please contact us prior to ordering to establish whether we can ship to your country and what the additional shipping costs will be. Note: If we ship internationally, our price excludes any import taxes and duty in your local country. You should find out what these additional costs are before making a purchase.
Tax Invoices & Declared Values
All of our shipments include a tax invoice. We represent all of our products as merchandise and the declared value for each item will be the exact price that you paid for it. For international shipments we cannot lower the declared value or mark the package as anything but merchandise (this means NO gifts!!). We also note shipping charges on the tax invoice as required by the carrier.
Tracking Your Package
You will receive a shipment confirmation e-mail the day that your order leaves our warehouse. This email will contain your tracking number (if available) along with a link to the tracking website for your package.
Customer collection from Sydney & Perth is acceptable but by prior arrangement only as this allows our team time to pack your order. You should select 'click & collect at checkout' or contact us following your purchase if you want to arrange to collect your items. If you have a need for your items by a specific time or date, please contact us prior to purchasing the item/s to confirm that you can collect by your required date/time.
Authority To Leave
By default most deliveries will require a signature when they are delivered. We may at our discrection include an authority to leave for smaller value orders. If you are not going to be at your delivery address between business and collecting the item from the shipping company's nearest warehouse will cause you significant inconvenience, you can request that include an "Authority to Leave" on the consignment. If you want us to do this, you should include this information in the comments section in the Checkout process. When an Authority to Leave is requested, the customer assumes all responsibility for any lost / stolen orders which the shipping company is reporting as successfully delivered with an Authority to Leave.
Due to the heavy or bulky nature of some of our products we have no choice but to implement surcharges over and above our normal flat rate delivery fees.
We have implemented these changes to ensure that we can keep the prices of our items as low as possible. Unfortunately, due to the geography of Australia, delivery costs can vary greatly. Items are sent out of our depots in Perth or Sydney and whilst we want to maintain the simplicity of having a flat rate delivery charge with free shipping over $99 we have found thatheavy and bulky items to rural areas have become infeasible within this model.
Rather than penalise all Trade Warehouse customers by increasing our prices to cover these shipping costs, we have decided to apply shipping charges on heavy/bulky items to particular postcodes where the shipping costs are high.
We hope that all Trade Warehouse customers can see that this is the only sensible option in dealing with these few heavy/bulky products and ensures we are able to keep our products at our usual low prices.
Our surcharges as based exactly on what we are charged from our carriers Toll and TNT. We do no inflate these charges at all. What you pay, is what we pay.
To get an accurate quotation on your surcharges you will incurr on your order, add the items to the cart and then view the cart, complete your state and postcode and click the button "Get a Quote"
The list below provides an indication on the products which do incur surcharges to some postcodes.
- Some boxes of Batten Screws
- Some boxes of Type 17 Screws
- Some boxes of Self-Drilling Screws
- Tornado Screws
- Rolls of Wire Mesh
- Some Kincrome Tool Chests
- Some Kincrome Tool Stoarge Units
- Kincrome Garage Storage Units
If you are ordering a signifiacnt amount of the above items, please call us on 1800 302511 to discuss delivery options because we may be able to pallatise your order and send it with a bulk carrier with whom we have better rates.
All products sold by Trade Warehouse are brand new. We do not sell ANY second hand goods.
Trade Warehouse are committed to selling high quality products & to complete customer satisfaction. If you are unhappy with any item you receive, please contact us immediately to resolve the matter.
We offer a standard 12 month warranty on all products, unless otherwise specified within the listing. Some products such as screws, fixings & floor heating carry a much longer manufacturers warranty (up to 10 years).
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS PHYSICAL INJURIES OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF TIME OR INCONVENIENCE RESULTING FROM THE FAILURE OF ANY ITEMS.
- We will issue an exchange if your item is received defective or the incorrect item was shipped.
- If we do not have the item in stock we will credit you back the amount of the item.
- You must notify us of any returns within 7 days of receipt of the item.
- We may at our discretion accept returns where the product is no longer required, however the outbound/return shipping costs on 'change of mind' returns is the responsibility of the customer.
How Returns / Exchanges Work:
- Return/Exchange items MUST be in the same condition as they were received and in the original packaging
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to pay for shipping costs to return the item(s)
- In the event that an item was sent incorrectly, or was faulty, we will send a replacement immediately at our cost & also refund the cost of returning the original item
- The actual cost incurred by Trade Warehouse for the original shipping out to the purchaser will be deducted from any refund
- Items must be returned to the original dispatch warehouse
- We highly recommend that you use recorded delivery when returning items
To return items please:
- e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number, along with a detailed explanation of why you need to return or exchange it
- If you do not have your order number, please indicate the date your order was placed, your full name & e-mail address
- We will endevour to respond to you within 2 working hours
- All returns must be postage paid
- All returns must be packaged properly